MS Office & Excel Addins
Streamlining your Business Workflow
You can use Microsoft Office and Excel Automation, to streamline your business workflow. To do this, you need to understand how the various software platforms communicate with one another.
1. Automation of Microsoft Excel
- Excel will automatically validate a worksheet before saving it.
- It can Import information from other systems (such as a foreign database).
- Saving company expense reports into a database for summary or analysis.
- Merging spreadsheets or whole workbooks. Excel can select individual tabs or areas of a worksheet for insertion/calculation.
- Data can be formatted and computed with Excel automation
- Export reports, pivot tables, etc. into Powerpoint for publishing and presentations.
2.Automation of Microsoft Word
- We can create documents that read information from another system. Then populate common controls, such as combo boxes or lists with this information.
- Make a document that can Import information from other systems, such as databases, Excel workbooks, etc.
- Create worksheets that can validate themselves before saving.
- We can create documents that when you save them, will save their information into a database.
- And write Macros that can automatically spell check find/replace, format, justify and otherwise prepare a report.
- We often make workbooks that can export reports, pivot tables, etc. into Powerpoint for publishing and presentations.
3.Automation of Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook can confirm data before sending or emailing it.
- Export data into Excel or other databases.
- We can make Outlook populate your calendar, using data from other sources, such as Excel or a CSV file.
4.Automation of Microsoft Access
- We can build custom applications. That will help you track the types of information that your company needs. Contacts, Appointments, Sales, Employees, Expenses, Telemarketing, Service, Human Resources, Ordering, Inventory, Engineering, etc
- Create a Mail Merge.
- Populate other office applications with information from Access.
Automation Case Studies
The ExcelFrome guide to Excel Errors Whether you’re a seasoned Excel professional, a casual spreadsheet user or anything in between, the chances are that you’ve experienced one or two [...]
Order Tracking and Invoicing System We built the Order tracking and Invoicing system for a film processing agency that wanted to keep track of their clients orders as they passed through their [...]
Property Portfolio Management Spreadsheets Using Excel Dashboards, we built the property portfolio workbook for an estate agency, to help them to keep track of their clients’ property portfolios [...]
Environmental Modelling – Monitoring and Models Environmental modelling and monitoring with estimated driving times can play a vital role in spacial data analysis. Customer address lists can be fed into a GIS [...]